Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just an Update

I find myself having a hard time coming up with titles for posts, just like our friend Joe did on his blog about cancer. Maybe I'll get more creative as time goes on! Mom went in for her white-blood-cell-increasing shot yesterday, something she was a little anxious about because she'd heard it could hurt pretty badly. It didn't, though! The nurse said, "This isn't a scientific fact, and I think someone should do a study about it, but it seems like when the shot hurts, there's more pain later, and vice versa." So we're hoping, since the shot didn't hurt, she won't be in much pain over the next couple of days.

Mom told me yesterday that she woke up feeling so good she was giddy, almost like a school girl. (That image makes me happy!) She was busy all day, going on a walk with a friend, visiting a friend who is expecting and on bed rest, finding a place for firewood my grandpa sent,
A LOT of firewood
and grocery shopping. By the time I talked to her in the evening she said she could tell she was getting tired, but otherwise felt great! She did take a nap, though, which is an unusual thing for her to do! I told her she might be converted to napping after this experience, and have more in common with Caiti and Nick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment